Welcome to HOW Design Live
One of the largest annual gatherings of creative professionals in the world, HOW Design Live is a career-changing, life-altering experience that provides:
- You will have access to up to 100 educational sessions and keynotes that will change your thinking, radically improve your work and build business and marketing skills essential to your job
- You will hear powerful keynotes representing some of the best creative minds in the world
- You will experience a truly global happening, with nearly 4,000 attendees from every state in the U.S. and from dozens of countries around the world
- You will have an exclusive opportunity to preview new tools, technologies and products in the industry’s largest exhibit hall
- You will become part of a creative community that embraces every attendee, validates your work and empowers you to do great things
“Everything about the conference is extremely beneficial. The creative inspiration, the techniques learned to work smarter and more efficiently, and the endless opportunity in the resource center, just to name a few. It’s the connections, for me, that make it all worthwhile. The four conferences I’ve attended have spanned nine years. Nine years ago I met a bunch of people that to this day, I consider some of my best friends. We may live around the country and the world, but we stay in touch. Connected. Everyone at HOW Design Live, thank you for this conference. Believe it or not, it’s changing the world.”
— Bryan Konieczka, HOW Design Live Attendee
Founded in 1985, the HOW brand began its life as a print magazine. Today, the brand still includes an award-winning design magazine, but has grown to encompass a host of products and events including several design competitions, HOW U’s online design courses, design books (available at MyDesignShop.com) and, of course, HOW Design Live. Whether you work for a design firm, for an in-house creative department or for yourself, it’s our mission to serve the business, creativity and technology needs of graphic designers.
The Dieline Conference
The Dieline, the leading resource for the packaging design industry, has been partnering with HOW Design Live since 2010 when we launched the first annual The Dieline Conference, and hosted The Dieline Awards. Over the past seven years The Dieline Conference has evolved to become an integral part of the HOW Design Live program and experience.
HOW Marketing Live
A new event co-located with HOW Design Live, the HOW Events team has partnered with the American Marketing Association to create a two-day program focused on the intersection of design and marketing. More information on program and speakers will be available in October.
REACH: Accelerating Creative Leadership
This new conference produced by the HOW Events team focuses on the growing trend in the business world to adopt design centric business practices, design thinking and create a culture of innovation. Statistics support that design led businesses outperform business that are not. The need for creative leaders is growing and we want you to be prepared. For more information please check out TheReachConference.com to see how you can become a creative leader.
Code of Conduct
At HOW Design Live we are committed to providing a harassment-free and welcoming environment for attendees, speakers, exhibitors, staff and any participant of all races, sexual orientations, physical abilities, physical appearances, gender, trans statuses and beliefs.
In general, the HOW community is overwhelmingly well behaved, kind and civil, but we believe a clear code of conduct is an important element in building of a respectful community space.
HOW Design Live participants agree to:
- Be considerate in speech and actions, and actively seek to acknowledge and respect the boundaries of fellow attendees.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech. Harassment includes, but is not limited to: deliberate intimidation; stalking; unwanted photography or recording; sustained or willful disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact; use of sexual or discriminatory imagery, comments, or jokes; and unwelcome sexual attention. If you feel that someone has harassed you or otherwise treated you inappropriately, please alert any member of the conference team in person, via the team phone/text line, or via email.
- Take care of each other. Alert a member of the conference team if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this code of conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- If any attendee engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take any lawful action we deem appropriate, including but not limited to warning the offender or asking the offender to leave the conference. (If you feel you have been unfairly accused of violating this code of conduct, you should contact the conference team with a concise description of your grievance; any grievances filed will be considered by the entire HOW Design Live team.)
We welcome your feedback on this and every other aspect of HOW Design Live, and we thank you for working with us to make it a safe, enjoyable, and friendly experience for everyone who participates.